After sharing my recipe for the best vegan sour cream, it’s impossible not to follow it up with the best vegan ranch dip.
This ranch is medium thickness, perfect for buffalo cauliflower wings, dipping veggie sticks, or spreading in a wrap. It is tangy and delicious, and the best vegan ranch I’ve ever had.
I use dried spices in this dip so that it’s easy to make at any time with what you probably already have in the spice cabinet.
Mince up a clove of garlic and mash it up with a fork in a few drops of olive oil. It will turn into a garlic paste, and once that flavor sits and spreads in the dip…heaven.
If you’re a big garlic fan, add another clove to make this more of a garlic ranch dip.
I make this recipe using a full pint-sized Mason jar of the best homemade vegan sour cream. But you can use any store bought vegan sour cream if that’s easier for you.
After you stir everything together, it’s hard not to eat it all right away, but the flavors will develop more if you refrigerate it for a half hour or so before you dig in.
But don’t let me tell you what to do. Go get out your carrot sticks now if that makes you happy.
I used to be a huge fan of ranch, practically drinking the stuff. Back in the day, I would order two .99 cent double stacks from Wendy’s, with a handful of ranch cups on the side, and eat the cheeseburgers drenching every bite in ranch dip.
Even thinking of that makes me sick to my stomach. Haha.
When I started trying different recipes for vegan ranch, I was disappointed with how off they tasted. So after working on a few different combinations of ingredients, I remembered making ranch dip from a sour cream base before my vegan days.
So I got out the cashews and started testing out different combinations. And this is the ranch that I’ve been eating since, minus the cheeseburgers.
- 1 pint-sized jar vegan sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced and mashed with a fork and a few drips of olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons dried parsley
- 1½ tablespoons dried dill
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Herbamare or sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- dash of cayenne pepper
- Put vegan sour cream into a bowl.
- Mince garlic clove, then mash with a fork until it becomes a garlic paste.
- Add garlic to sour cream.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Whisk together.
- Scrape ranch dip into clean mason jar, cover with lid.
- Let sit in fridge for ½ hour for flavors to set before serving.
- If using as a dressing, scoop desired amount into separate bowl, and add a splash of water and whisk until desired consistency.