I’ve been getting a lot of peaches in the CSA, so I whipped up this quick peach tart. No baking, raw, and gluten-free. With a quick pecan crust, you could have this thing ready in a few hours.
You’ll have to let this thing sit in the fridge for just a bit for the filling to firm, but it’s worth the wait.
- 1 cup pecans
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- 5 dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- pinch of salt
- 5-6 peaches or nectarines (plus one more for the top)
- 6 dates
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- Process all crust ingredients in the food processor until the mixture sticks together when you press it into the side of the processor bowl.
- Scrape down the sides and make sure it is all mixed evenly.
- Move crust mixture to a pie pan and press the crumbles into the bottom of the pan and up the edges.
- Use a spoon or an offset spatula to make the crust tightly packed and even.
- Process all ingredients in the food processor until well blended and smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie crust.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Before serving, slice a peach into thin slices and arrange on the top of the tart in a spiral pattern. Or make a smiley face if you want. It’s your tart. Do what you want.