Kale salad bites came about when I needed a quick lunch. Instead of making the kale salad as usual, I peeled some strips of zucchini and wrapped the salad up and topped it with some deliciousness.
The kale salad I make most often is a quick business. Adding the zucchini noodles didn’t take that much extra time, and they are so fun to eat. Worth it.
My go-to kale salad is really basic: I wash, destem, and chop a half bunch of kale, add avocado, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, and salt & pepper.
Then I massage it all together until the avocado is completely gone coating the kale entirely.
It’s so simple, but so good.
I typically stop there, tossing the kale mixture into a bowl and loading up the toppings, diving in with a fork, which is delicious and amazing.
Buuuuut, after spotting the zucchinis in the fridge with no plans, this obviously had to be done.
- ½ bunch of kale, washed, stems removed, chopped
- ¼ - ½ avocado (depending on how creamy you want it)
- apple cider vinegar, splash
- maple syrup, drizzle
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 medium zucchini, peeled with a vegetable peeler into strips
- cherry tomatos, sliced
- carrots, cut into small sticks
- hemp seeds to garnish
- Put the chopped kale in a bowl and add avocado.
- Wash your hands and mash that avocado into the kale, massaging the kale as you go.
- When the avocado is gone and completely coating the kale, add a splash of apple cider vinegar, drizzle of maple syrup, and a dusting of salt and pepper.
- Continue to massage until mixed thoroughly.
- Taste and make any adjustments
- Roll a zucchini noodle into a round, put on plate, and spoon kale salad mixture into it.
- Repeat, filling your plate with noodles keeping their edges facing inward to hold together against each other.
- Top with carrots and tomato.
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds for garnish.