Fully-loaded sweet potatoes is where it’s at. Look at that mess of deliciousness.
You love easy meals? It doesn’t get easier than this.
It seems that the messier these turn out, the better they look, amiright? Load them up with all your favorite toppings, and don’t worry if the fixin’s spill off the potato. It’s art. Delicious, delicious art.
First, you bake some sweets.
I found this great trick of cutting potatoes in half to bake them, and it’s genius!
Cut the sweet potatoes in half, oil & salt and pepper them, and bake ’em! Really easy and really fast.
You might not go back to baking whole potatoes. I know I won’t.
I’ve tried this method a bunch of times now, and they always turn out PERFECT!
For the toppings, anything goes. I pulled out some of the best vegan bacon I had marinating in the fridge.
I fried it up in some coconut oil really quick and chopped it up for little vegan bacon bits.
Oh man. So salty, crispy, fatty, and smokey. Gah.
I topped these babies with:
- sautéed onions and mushrooms
- a scoop of some vegan chili that I made earlier in the week
- a sprinkling of Daiya Cheddar Shreds
- a cool slice of avocado
- the best vegan bacon bits
- some tangy vegan sour cream
- green onion chops on top
Let me tell you…it was divine.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half.
- Rub oil all over the potato halves.
- Lay oiled potatoes cut side down on baking sheet.
- Crack pepper and sea salt over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes until soft when you poke 'em with a fork.
- While the potatoes are baking, sauté the onions and mushrooms in a pan with a splash of olive oil.
- Heat up your chili if you need.
- Fry your vegan bacon and chop it into bits.
- When the potatoes are done, remove the tray from the oven, flip them over on the baking sheet so the cut side faces up.
- Go crazy topping them with everything you love.